This is my first message to you as the new President of VIOBA since the AGM held on 20 May 2017. KC Kwek decided not to run for re-election as President, however the majority of the MC were re-elected unopposed to carry out the long then plans that were formulated earlier on. Thank you KC for two terms of hard work and efforts for the OBA and our fellow brothers in VI.
What are the plans of the MC?
Our immediate plans are as follows:
1. Continuity of policies of previous MC in supporting sporting events:
– Emphasis on rugby and football;
– Athletics like cross-country;
– Daniel Shield and Mokhtar Dahari
2. Continuity of the VIOBA series of dinners
2017 – Honouring the Corporate Victorian to be held on 12 August 2017 at TPC Golf & Country Club (formerly known as KLGCC) – Tickets are on sale now!!
2018 – Honouring the Victorian – Scholar, Sportsman & Gentleman
Assisting VI in celebrating its 125th Anniversary (this is a VI event)
3. Mentoring students of VI with the active cooperation of former students and school administration. This will be done in conjunction with VIOBA Foundation and the PIBG.
4. Strengthening the relationship with VI diaspora overseas many of whom are willing to give back to the school.
5. Any other activities that are suggested by members that will benefit the students and school as a whole.
I am contactable at email@example.com for any feedback, suggestions etc. from anyone who is interested in the wellbeing of our Association, our younger brothers and the school.
Last but not least, on behalf of the MC, I would like to wish all our Muslim brothers “Selamat Berpuasa dan Menjalankan Ibadah di Bulan Ramadan”.