Norman Yeo-Khean Foo
1943 – 2015
Emeritus Professor, UNSW
FOR MEMBERS ONLY
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2015
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 48th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the V.I.O.B.A. Foundation will be held at the VIOBA Clubhouse on Sunday, 23rd August, 2015 at 11.00 a.m.
1. To ratify the holding of the 48th Annual General Meeting on 23rd August 2015 and all ensuing proceedings.
2. To confirm the 47th AGM minutes held on Sunday, 8th June, 2014.
3. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report 2014/2015.
4. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for year ending 31st December 2014.
5. To appoint the External Auditors for the year 2015.
6. To appoint the Legal Advisors for the year 2015/2016.
7. To consider any other business of which at least seven (7) days of notice has been given to the Honorary Secretary of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation.
8. To call for nomination and elect the following office bearers of the Board of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation for the term of office 2015/2017.
- The Chairman
- The Vice-Chairman
- The Honorary Secretary
- The Honorary Treasurer
- Eight Board Members (two of whom shall be Ex-Officers, the President and the Honorary Secretary of the VIOBA).
By Order of the Board of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation,
Akram Bin Mohamad
019 605 9991
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 81st Annual General Meeting of the Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association (VIOBA) will be held on:-
Date : Sunday, 23.08.2015
Time : 9.30 a.m.
Location : VIOBA Clubhouse
The business to be considered at the Meeting is set out below:-
1. To agree to the holding of the 81st Annual General Meeting on 23.08.2015 and all ensuing proceedings;
2. To confirm the 80th Annual General Meeting Minutes held on 08.06.2014;
3. To receive the President’s Annual Report;
4. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for year ending 31.12.2014;
5. To consider and if thought fit, pass the following resolution:
(i) That the name of the VIOBA be changed from “Pertubuhan Bekas Penuntut-Penuntut Sekolah Victoria (Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association)” to “Pertubuhan Bekas Penuntut-Penuntut Sekolah Victoria (Victoria Institution Alumni Association)” and to authorise any consequential changes to the emblem and rules of the VIOBA.
6. To elect the Office Bearers and Members for the 2015/2017 V.I.O.B.A. Management Committee;
7. To elect 3 members to the Disciplinary Sub-Committee;
8. To elect 2 Honorary Auditors;
By Order of the Management Committtee,
On behalf of VIOBA, I would like to wish all my Muslim friends and Victorians a “Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri”. I hope you will have a chance to take a break from work, spend some time with loved ones and share laughter with friends. I am grateful for many things in life and I thank everyone who had a role in making me the person I am today. I also seek forgiveness for any trespass and mistakes.
It has not been an easy year for many of us, the impacts from daily economic pressures seem never ending and it’s hard to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. However tough things are out there, we are still a blessed lot and we have many things to be thankful for. So catch up with your family and gang this festive period and remind them how important they are to you.
Salam Sejahtera and safe travels!
KC Kwek – President
Many thanks to everyone for a full hearted support towards the dinner and tattoo performance. I am pleased to say that we have met our objectives for the event; we have had a very important Guest of Honour, YB Dato Seri Idris Jusoh, the Minister of Education II pledging his support towards VI and VIOBA. The Ministry will look into ways to repair the school infrastructure which is urgently needed. Secondly many guests were astounded by the polished performance of the VICC Band and Infantry and most have written to me saying how much they appreciated the opportunity to return to VI and see our Victorians in action!
There were shortcomings in the event and I take full responsibility and apologise for mistakes and errors. Thank you again to the Bandsmen, the Infantry, the teachers and parents for their hard work and dedication. You have shown that the current Victorians match with the old ones!
A report is attached below for your reading pleasure.
KC Kwek – President
2015 ANNUAL DINNER & TATTOO
DATE : 31st MAY 2015
TIME : 7:30 pm
VENUE : MAIN BLOCK, VICTORIA INSTITUTION, KUALA LUMPUR
The details are as below:
1. Total of 18 schools and clubs participating in the tournament.
2. Two categories of U17 and U15 with 16 team for each category.
3. There are 8 premier schools play in the invitational category divided into 2 groups. Introductionary tournament for the old boys.
4. Every categories will compete for CUP, PLATE, BOWL, SHIELD and SPOON division
5. We also introduce new Challenge Cup known as Dr G E D Lewis Cup. Name after VI Head Master who introduced Rugby in VI.
6. Sponsored by DBKL, HSBC AMANAH, TM, MILO, GARDENIA, CANGGIH, PRAN, STRIKE, GILBERT, CARISBROOK, AIRWHEEL, ETC
7. It is a two days tournament from 11th to 12th April 2015.
8. There will be a hospitality tent on 12th April meant for Old Boys to watch the match while having some finger foods.
9. Among VIPs who promise to come are the KL Mayor, KP of DBKL and KL rugby President.
VIOBA – Admin
This year’s MDC is the biggest ever!!! Congrats to everyone especially the Organising Committee and the participants who will once again head towards the VI Green on March 21, starting at 8.30am. We have in total 48 teams participating; they are as follows:
|OPEN CATEGORY – 14 teams||MASTER CATEGORY – 18 Teams|
VETERAN CATEGORY -16 Teams
Come and support your batch! VIOBA will be selling our Annual Dinner tickets at a special price so grab it while it lasts! See you in VI.
KC Kwek – President