Dato’ Sri Andrew Abishegam
En Ahmad Nazri Bin Mohd Noor
En Akram Bin Mohamad
Mr Sean Oon Chong Ling
Mr Joo Yong Chin
En Mohd Rashdan Bin Abdul Rashid
En Abdul Aziz Bin Mohamed Nor
En Mohd Irwan Rizal Bin Mohd Ali Napiah
En Mohamed Razali Bin Mohamed
Puan Azrina Mazlin Binti Alias
Mr Kwek Keng Chye
VIOBA Hon Sec
Mr Vince Chong Khin Young
YBhg. Dato’ Yusli Mohamed Yusoff
Kwek Keng Chye
Vince Chong Khin Young
Asst Honorary Secretary
Muthu Kannu Veerapen
Nik Mohd Sidek Bin Nik Jaffar
Asst Honorary Treasurer
Balraj S Pannu
Jagdish Singh Dhaliwal
Mustapha Kamal Bin Zulkarnain
Abdul Razak Bin Jahury
Azizul Khair Bin Mohd Ibrahim
Syafiq Asyraf Bin Mohd Yusup
Sean Ooi Chong Ling
Ainol Akbar Bin Dato Hj Mohd Yasin
Amrul Zeflin Anim
Yusseri Bin Md. Yusoff
Ahmad Termidi Bin Ali
Norman Yeow-Khean Foo
Emeritus Professor, UNSW
Much loved by his wife Yoke-Lin, his sons Kerwyn and Lyndon and their wives Amanda and Petahn, and his cherished grand-children Lisa, Noelle and Josephine.
Mentor, friend and family to hundreds worldwide.
A memorial service in his honour will be held on Saturday 8th August at 10am. Building K17 University of New South Wales, Gate 14, Barker St, Kensington.
Please RSVP to Joanne Curro (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business Tuesday 4 August.
Dress code – academic casual (no suits!)
In lieu of flowers, Norman requested donations to Oxfam and MSF.
FOR MEMBERS ONLY
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2015
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 48th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the V.I.O.B.A. Foundation will be held at the VIOBA Clubhouse on Sunday, 23rd August, 2015 at 11.00 a.m.
1. To ratify the holding of the 48th Annual General Meeting on 23rd August 2015 and all ensuing proceedings.
2. To confirm the 47th AGM minutes held on Sunday, 8th June, 2014.
3. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report 2014/2015.
4. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for year ending 31st December 2014.
5. To appoint the External Auditors for the year 2015.
6. To appoint the Legal Advisors for the year 2015/2016.
7. TO consider any other business of which at least seven (7) days of notice has been given to the Honorary Secretary of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation.
8. To call for nomination and elect the following office bearers of the Board of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation for the term of office 2015/2017.
- The Chairman
- The Vice-Chairman
- The Honorary Secretary
- The Honorary Treasurer
- Eight Board Members (two of whom shall be Ex-Officers, the President and the Honorary Secretary of the VIOBA).
By Order of the Board of V.I.O.B.A. Foundation,
Akram Bin Mohamad
019 605 9991
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 81st Annual General Meeting of the Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association (VIOBA) will be held on:-
Date : Sunday, 23.08.2015
Time : 9.30 a.m.
Location : VIOBA Clubhouse
The business to be considered at the Meeting is set out below:-
1. To agree to the holding of the 81st Annual General Meeting on 23.08.2015 and all ensuing proceedings;
2. To confirm the 80th Annual General Meeting Minutes held on 08.06.2014;
3. To receive the President’s Annual Report;
4. To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for year ending 31.12.2014;
5. To consider and if thought fit, pass the following resolution:
(i) That the name of the VIOBA be changed from “Pertubuhan Bekas Penuntut-Penuntut Sekolah Victoria (Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association)” to “Pertubuhan Bekas Penuntut-Penuntut Sekolah Victoria (Victoria Institution Alumni Association)” and to authorise any consequential changes to the emblem and rules of the VIOBA.
6. To elect the Office Bearers and Members for the 2015/2017 V.I.O.B.A. Management Committee;
7. To elect 3 members to the Disciplinary Sub-Committee;
8. To elect 2 Honorary Auditors;
By Order of the Management Committtee,
On behalf of VIOBA, I would like to wish all my Muslim friends and Victorians a “Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri”. I hope you will have a chance to take a break from work, spend some time with loved ones and share laughter with friends. I am grateful for many things in life and I thank everyone who had a role in making me the person I am today. I also seek forgiveness for any trespass and mistakes.
It has not been an easy year for many of us, the impacts from daily economic pressures seem never ending and it’s hard to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. However tough things are out there, we are still a blessed lot and we have many things to be thankful for. So catch up with your family and gang this festive period and remind them how important they are to you.
Salam Sejahtera and safe travels!
KC Kwek – President
Many thanks to everyone for a full hearted support towards the dinner and tattoo performance. I am pleased to say that we have met our objectives for the event; we have had a very important Guest of Honour, YB Dato Seri Idris Jusoh, the Minister of Education II pledging his support towards VI and VIOBA. The Ministry will look into ways to repair the school infrastructure which is urgently needed. Secondly many guests were astounded by the polished performance of the VICC Band and Infantry and most have written to me saying how much they appreciated the opportunity to return to VI and see our Victorians in action!
There were shortcomings in the event and I take full responsibility and apologise for mistakes and errors. Thank you again to the Bandsmen, the Infantry, the teachers and parents for their hard work and dedication. You have shown that the current Victorians match with the old ones!
A report is attached below for your reading pleasure.
KC Kwek – President
2015 ANNUAL DINNER & TATTOO
DATE : 31st MAY 2015
TIME : 7:30 pm
VENUE : MAIN BLOCK, VICTORIA INSTITUTION, KUALA LUMPUR
After careful consideration and much thought, the Organizing Committee has decided to change the event date to 31st May 2015 due to an event (concert) which will be held on 30th May at Stadium Negara. This decision is taken to avoid massive traffic issues causing inconvenience to our fellow Victorians and guests.
All fellow Victorians are invited. Limited Tables and Individual Tickets Available.
For more info please contact :
- Irwan ( 012239 0079 )
- Syafiq ( 017 235 2367 )
KC Kwek – President