Date : Saturday, 10th March 2012
Time : from 7.30am to 7.00pm
Venue : VI Greens
Veterans (Batch 1989 and prior) (max of 12 Teams)
Masters (Batch 1990 to1999) (max of 12 Teams)
Open (Batch 2000 and after) (max of 10 Teams)
Entrance Fee : RM500.00 per team
Closing Date : 3rd March 2012
Team Managers’ Meeting : 8.00pm, 7th March 2012 @ Clubhouse
Up to 10 players to be registered per team. Each batch can register a maximum of 2 teams. Please email email@example.com and registration is on a first come first serve basis. All payments must be made by 7th March 2012, failing which registration will be void and slot allocated to other teams on any waiting list. The organising committee has decided to make compulsory that all teams be in proper jerseys, with numbers allocated to each team player.
VIOBA is currently updating its membership database. Please take a few minutes to fill up the attached form and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed that the VIOBA Secretariat Office will be open at the following hours.
Monday to Thursday : 9:00AM to 5:00PM Sunday: 12:00Noon to 6:00PM
Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Encik Kamal Ibrahim at the following numbers.
Telephone : 018 – 580-8869 Fax: 03-2031-2133 Email: email@example.com
VICTORIA INSTITUTION OLD BOYS’ ASSOCIATION
Azam Abdul Aziz
VIOBA/Foundation members attended: Praba Ganesan, Azhar Abdullah, Rajkumar, Balraj, Azam And KC Kwek.
BOC/Prefects: About 15 of them. Split rather equally between girls and boys with a majority of Upper Sixers followed by Fifth and Fourth Formers. Most are presidents of the clubs and associations.
- Meeting was opened by Praba with introduction into the VIOBA and its objectives. Objctive to meet at least 2 times a year to exchange viewpoints, ideas and opinions. VIOBA would like to play a better role to establish links with current student population, to understand and support them in their activities.
- Azhar then introduced the Foundation and explained its role as custodian of funds totaling RM2.6million of which interests generated are used for scholarships and financial aid to deserving students (past and present) as well as loan. The Foundation also support the school by providing funds for special projects. The Board of Governors and its functions was also explained as another body made up of VIOBA and Foundation members, school administrators and also parents to provide a forum for exchange of ideas.
- Students were asked to introduced themselves and their organizations. (Some interesting ones are Chinese Language Society, Indian Cultural Society, Symphony Orchestra, Rakan Muda, Six Formers Club. It also appears that the Six Formers have their own groups and associations as distinct from the others)
- Break-out sessions between students and also VIOBA members followed with tea.
- Meeting ended at 4.30pm.
Farizuddin bin Aman
Ahmad Termidi bin Ali
Akram bin Mohamad
Nik Mohd Sidek bin Nik Jaffar
Abdul Razif bin Abdul Aziz
Ainol Akbar bin Mohd Yasin
Norzafri bin Mohamed Nor
Ahmad Nazri bin Mohd Noor
Amrul Zeflin bin Anim
Raja a/l a. Siva Perumal
Kwek Keng Chye
Vioba Honorary Secretary:
For the first time in the history of VIOBA, the annual dinner reception was held a week after the AGM, where the new committee members were introduced to the guests.
The dinner was held at the Royal Chulan Hotel recently where 600 guests attended.
Read more: http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/5vio/Article/
More images after the jump.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association (VIOBA)
Notice is given that the 77th Annual General Meeting of Victoria Institution Old Boys’ Association (VIOBA) will be held at:
Location : VIOBA Clubhouse
Date : 8th May 2011 (Sunday)
The business to be considered at the meeting is set out below
- To confirm the 76th AGM Minutes held on 30th June 2010
- To receive the President’s Report on Management Committee and Updates
- To receive and adopt the Audited Accounts for year ending 31st December 2010
- Election of Management Committee, Honorary Auditors and Disciplinary Committee for 2010/2011
- Any Other Business
19th April 2011
By Order of the Management Committee
We finished in 3rd place in the 4th Division of the 2010 Kuala Lumpur Hockey Association (KLHA) League, the best finish so far. In November, the team took part in the Vietnam Hockey Festival (6 a-side), where more than 20 club teams from 6 different countries took part. We were runners up, losing in the finals of the Cup Competition. We also took part in an invitational tournament in Kota Kinabalu last March and we are hoping to take part in other tournaments around the region next year. All round, we had a good year and tremendous support from the team members.
In 2011, we will have our training and game sessions every Monday at 7pm at Tun Razak Stadium. Those interested to participate and join us for next year’s league team, please contact Chris at Christopher.Lim@my.ey.com or Zul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The old boys playing football against Victoria Institution students — NST pictures by Sairien Nafis
Results for Daniel Shield as follows:
Cricket – School won
Hockey – VIOBA won
Badminton – VIOBA won
Football – School won
Rugby – VIOBA won
Basketball – VIOBA won
Around 100 old boys stayed on for the prize giving at the clubhouse. The event was covered by NSTP.
Read more: Boys have fun under the sun http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Boyshavefununderthesun/Article/